Easy Cook Beef Roast
An absolute favorite for every party!
40 g butter (if there is a nice fat cover on the meat reduce butter)
1 table spoon high cook temperature oil (tasteless coconut oil, all bran rice oil)
1 onion cut in half rings slices
1 generous teaspoon of garlic paste
1 generous teaspoon of ginger paste
½ cup red wine
½ cup sherry (if you don’t have sherry or wine, use vinegar and balance the acidity with sugar)
4 bay leaves
2 beef stock cubes
Salt and pepper to taste
1 ½ cups of water
- Pre heat oven to 100°C.
- Add butter and oil to an over proof roasting pan and heat on high temperature on the stove.
- When butter has melted braise off the beef on all sides.
- Remove beef roast and set aside and reduce heat to medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic and ginger and let them cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add all remain ingredients in the order as listed: red wine, sherry, bay leaves, beef stock cubes, salt, pepper and water.
- Once it starts to boil reduce to lowest heat and let simmer until reduced to half the amount.
- Return beef roast to the pan, cover with lid and place in the oven.
- Depending on the size of the roast cook for an hour per 700 g, turning the roast every 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from the oven and let rest before serving.