Easy Cook Lamb Roast
The perfect way to celebrate a family meal…
Organic or Biodynamic Lamb Roast (or Hogget) at room temperature
Rub on paste:
1 teaspoon rosemary
1 teaspoon ginger paste
1 teaspoon garlic paste
1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
1 tablespoon honey
Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre heat oven to 100°C.
- In an oven proof pan braise off lamb roast on high heat starting with the fatty sides down.
- Remove from heat and let cool to touch temperature.
- Mix all the ingredients together to make the rub on paste.
- With a sharp knife pierce to roast and fill cuts with the rub on paste, make and fill about four cuts on each side.
- Rub the remaining paste over the whole roast.
- Cover the pan and place in the preheated oven.
- Depending on the size of the roast cook for an hour per 600 g.
- For the last 20 minutes increase the temperature to 220°C and remove cover. Add water if needed.
- Remove pan from the oven and let rest covered before serving.