Modern Sushi with Beef Steak or Roast
An absolute favorite for every party!
Cooked beef (can be yesterday’s roast)
1 teaspoon of lime juice
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons of Ketchup Manis (sweet soy sauce)
A dash of soy sauce
1 tablespoon of teriyaki sauce
1 medium carrot
1 small cucumbers or zucchini
Veggie cooking mixture:
3 tablespoon of Sake (can be substituted with white vinegar)
2 tablespoon of water
1 tablespoon sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
Cooked Sushi Rice
- Mix together all ingredients for the marinade.
- Cut your leftover cooked beef into 1 x 1 cm strips about 6 cm long.
- Coat beef strips with marinade and leave in the fridge until ready to use.
- Beat eggs with teriyaki sauce and make an omelette.
- Cut omelette in 1 cm wide strips.
- Cut carrots, cucumbers or zucchini (exclude seeds) into 0.5 cm thick strips about 6 cm long.
- Bring to a boil veggie cooking mixture.
- Add carrots to veggie cooking mixture.
- After one minute add cucumber or zucchini, cover pot with lid and remove from heat. Leave to cool down.
- When preparing your sushi smear wasabi on the rice before placing the meat strips, omelette strips and veggies.
- Roll your sushi and cut into regular sushi pieces.